alxindia

An eclectic spiritual & inspirational place to heal, learn, feel & expand. Heart & soul first. Miraculous experiences from India as well as the life & times of a spiritual healer/teacher in the U.S. Miracles, saints, sages, gurus, healing, life & death... and more...!

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

the real question: why?

it occurs to me as I'm blogging that any sensible person would wonder, why on earth would a nice American girl want to drop her existing life, travel to India (a place she never ever wanted to visit), and dedicate herself to spirituality?



my only good response (and of course, I have a million of 'em!) is this:

when I was four years old, I was walking in the woods in Missouri, USA, with my parents. we lived in the foothills of the Ozark mountains, surrounded by oak trees and flowering dogwood and maples... it was sublimely peaceful. there was a lake nearby.

anyway, I was walking with my parents & out popped my question, "if we're just puppets on god's strings, then WHO is pulling god's strings?"

my parents were stunned.










I still have the same question.

I came to India to discover its answer.

I'm finding what I came looking for.

it's taken a long time.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home