alxindia

An eclectic spiritual & inspirational place to heal, learn, feel & expand. Heart & soul first. Miraculous experiences from India as well as the life & times of a spiritual healer/teacher in the U.S. Miracles, saints, sages, gurus, healing, life & death... and more...!

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

... there's no place like home!!!

there's no place like home!!!

there's no place like home!!!


okay, so imagine you've been living in a place like Oz, or Mars, or Middle Earth for years and years and years... experiencing miraculous energies and events, living in a heightened energetic environment and relying almost entirely on your own inner experiences (in meditation, contemplation, and silence) rather than on much external stimuli for inspiration and information...

and then one find day, you catapult yourself into America, in 2005. more specifically, into California, land of freeways and silicon in all kinds of interesting and nature-defying applications...

and that's, in nutshell, what's been happening with me over the last few months.

after five straight years living in an ashram in south India, working intensely on the spiritual path to the more or less exclusion of everything else, my mate Jonathan and I were pretty much given the thumbs up by our teacher, the extraordinary saint, Kaleshwara (www.kaleshwar.org for those of you who've just tuned in!) and sent back to our native land to teach and heal.

only trouble is, we look like Americans, talk like Americans, walk like Americans... but inside, internally, I feel completely like a stranger in a very strange land.

at the same time, WOW, do they ever give you a lot of food in restaurants here in America!

I also realize that I haven't actually driven a car since 2002. that's got to be unconstitutional, by now...! (and my god, is it fun to be terrorizing unsuspecting commuters by my completely insane driving style again!)

and -- the redwoods around Frost Cottage, the haven I've called home since 1998. the house/temple is maybe one-tenth the height of the trees that shoot up next to it, stretching to the heavens and standing strong, silent Shiva types that they are.

just smelling the fresh, clean, clear, crisp, almost-springtime air around my cottage is enough to bring tears to my eyes.

my heart is shouting, "I'm home, I'm home, I'm HOME!" and the trees and the flowers and the sky and the cottage and the gravel, everything around seems to be echoing and resonating back that same refrain.

joy!

joy!

joy!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:52 AM, Blogger Alx Uttermann said…

    trust my favorite oldest 'little brother' -- har, har! -- to come up with such a joyful explanation of such things. thanks, you Yuetsu Wolf, you! it's good to be home, selling nothing, sack on my shoulder. rubbing shoulders in the marketplace with my wolfish brothers.

    it's good to be home.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home